This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (June 2020)
|Founded||December 2003 in Lowell, Massachusetts|
|Products||Voice over IP|
Number of employees
Broadvoice is a privately owned company headquartered in Northridge, California. They provide Voice over IP (VOIP) cloud-based telecommunications services to small, medium and enterprise businesses in the United States. Broadvoice offers telephone services, unified communications as a service (UCaaS), SIP Trunking, telecommunications network and security, along with virtual call centers so business customers can use voice and video communications via a broadband Internet connection or cellular phone.
Broadvoice started as a pager company, Rampage Cellular, in the San Fernando Valley in the early 1990s. After the Northridge Earthquake in 1994, its founders Jim Murphy and Ari Ramenzani lost all their inventory stored in their apartment due to flooding of an aquarium, and used the funds from FEMA to lease their first office. This led to the founding of DSL Extreme, a residential broadband internet provider in 1999.
Before the acquisition by Phone Power, Broadvoice was a subsidiary of Convergent Networks, which was founded in December 2003 by David Epstein and Nathan Stratton and was based in the Billerica, Massachusetts area as of 2008. Convergent was purchased by Eastern Photonics, a subsidiary of Global NAPs, a competitive local exchange carrier.
Jim Murphy serves as the CEO of Broadvoice. Sam Ghahremanpour serves as President and is responsible for corporate strategy, business development, and brand development. George Mitsopoulos serves as the chief operating officer (COO). He joined Broadvoice with the re-acquisition of IKANO's Broadband internet provider DSL Extreme in 2015.
Products and Services
Broadvoice's b-hive virtual call center platform combines UCaaS, Contact Center, Cloud PBX and communication tools. The platforms allow users to review and manage call flows through real-time analytics, call routing, call recording, auto attendants, conference call setup, manager users and the added ability to use the android and iPhone application to make and receive calls.
Broadvoice provides cloud-based VOIP services for businesses. Cloud PBX services do not require an onsite PBX system. They offer features that include voicemail, online faxing, remote office capabilities, mobile applications and softphones.
Network and Security
Broadvoice Unified Communication as a service suite offers SMS and text messaging, softphone, advance calling features, web-based communicator tool, call logs, voicemail, faxing, and admin call center analytics.
- Listed in the San Fernando Valley Business Journal in 2013, 2014, 2016 and 2017.
- On Deloitte's list of the top fastest growing technology companies in North America.
- Awarded as one of the fastest-growing companies in the United States by Inc 500|5000's annual list for 2015, 2016, and 2017 business growth.
- Received the TMC's Unified Communications Excellence Award for companies that have created exceptional UC hardware, software and services that lead the way in the industry.
- Earned the Stevie Award for business development Achievement of the Year in the technology industry.
- Awarded with the Bronze Stevie Award for Telecom Service Department of the Year in 2017.
- Received a 2018 Internet telephony award for b-hive.
- Received the Channel Partners Choice award in May 2018 for being recognized as a supplier for innovation in their channel partner programs.
In April 2017, Broadvoice acquired XBP, a development-oriented company with a focus on virtual PBX and contact center offerings. This acquisition has allowed Broadvoice to provide a better customer user experience and has allowed for new features with the launch of its new platform b-hive.
In August 2018, Broadvoice acquired YipTel, a Utah-based UCaaS provider.
In July 2021, Broadvoice acquired GoContact, a Portugal-based provider of cloud contact center software.
- "Meet Jim Murphy of Broadvoice in Northridge". VoyageLA. Retrieved May 17, 2018.
- "DSL Extreme About Us Page". Retrieved May 17, 2018.
- "IKANO Acquires DSL Extreme". 31 March 2006. Retrieved May 17, 2018.
- Staff Writer (25 February 2014). "Phone Power Rebrands". San Fernando Valley Business Journal. Retrieved May 17, 2018.
- Yang, Justin (24 February 2014). "Phone Power becomes Broadvoice". labusinessjournal.com. Retrieved May 18, 2018.
- "Broadvoice Leadership Team Page". Retrieved May 17, 2018.
- Narcisi, Gina (March 1, 2018). "CRN Exclusive: Broadvoice Bundles UCaaS, Contact Center, And Connectivity For SMBs". CRN.com. Retrieved May 18, 2018.
- "Broadvoice b-hive Cloud Technology Page". Broadvoice.com. Retrieved May 18, 2018.
- Gately, Edward (March 1, 2018). "Broadvoice Rolls Out New UCaaS and Virtual Contact Center Platform". Channel Partners. Retrieved May 18, 2018.
- "Broadvoice Cloud PBX". Pc Mag. Retrieved May 17, 2018.
- "Broadvoice SIP Trunking Page". Broadvoice.com. Retrieved May 18, 2018.
- "Broadvoice Network & Security Page". Broadvoice.com. Archived from the original on May 19, 2018. Retrieved May 18, 2018.
- "Broadvoice UCaaS Page". Broadvoice.com. Retrieved May 18, 2018.
- "NASPO Cloud Solutions Contractor Page". Naspovaluepoint.org. Retrieved May 18, 2018.
- "100 Fastest Growing Private Companies 2016" (PDF). Los Angeles Business Journal. Retrieved May 18, 2018.
- "Deloitte's Fast 100 List" (PDF). Deloitte.com. Retrieved May 18, 2018.
- "Broadvoice Named to Inc. 500 5000 Fastest Growing Company List". Broadvoice.com. Retrieved May 18, 2018.
- "Broadvoice Inc Profile". Inc.com. Retrieved May 18, 2018.
- "Top 2016 Inc Telecommunication Companies". Inc.com. Retrieved May 18, 2018.
- Nowitz, Mandi (25 February 2014). "2017 Unified Communications Excellence Award Winners Announced". San Fernando Valley Business Journal. Retrieved May 17, 2018.
- "Broadvoice Awarded 2017 Unified Communications Excellence Award from INTERNET TELEPHONY". Businessinsider.com. Retrieved May 18, 2018.
- "2017 Stevie Award Winners". Steviewawards.com. Retrieved May 18, 2018.
- "2017 Stevie Award Winners". Channelpartnersonline.com. 12 April 2017. Retrieved May 18, 2018.
- "Broadvoice Receives 2018 INTERNET TELEPHONY Product of the Year Award". iagentnetwork.com. 11 April 2017. Retrieved May 18, 2018.
- "Broadvoice Receives 2018 INTERNET TELEPHONY Product of the Year Award". Cloudcommunications.com. Retrieved May 18, 2018.
- "Channel Partners Conference & Expo Award Winners Announced". Channelpartnersonline.com. Retrieved May 18, 2018.
- "Broadvoice Picks Up XBP To Create More Customized VoIP, Contact Center Offerings". crn.com. Retrieved May 18, 2018.
- "Broadvoice Acquires YipTel". channele2e.com. Retrieved Aug 2, 2018.
- "Broadvoice expands its international presence and technology portfolio with the acquisition of GoContact". contactcenterhub.es. Retrieved July 23, 2021.
- McEvoy, Aoife M. (April 8, 2005). "Net Phone Zone: Slash Your Phone Bills With Broadvoice". PC World.
- Muraskin, Ellen (August 10, 2004). "Broadvoice Plan Offers Good Starting Point for VOIP". EWeek.